To advance biomedical, clinical, translational and educational research through inquiry and discovery to enhance health and reduce illness.
To build research capacity at CUSM through training for foundational research skills, conducting cutting-edge research, and creating research centers.
The Office of Research encourages collaborations and sharing experiences among faculty and students from CUSM, affiliate hospitals (e.g., ARMC), and universities. ARMC (Arrowhead Regional Medical Center) provides an excellent environment to bridge basic biomedical and clinical sciences to foster translational research. The intellectual diversity among basic and clinical faculty at CUSM/ARMC creates a hybrid academic environment that support various types of scholarly activities and retaining innovative teaching experiences. This environment of academic medicine fosters critical thinking, problem solving, and lifelong learning skills necessary for building research capacity.
The Responsibilities of CUSM Office of Research Include:
- Provide leadership, strategic planning, and identification of the necessary administrative and financial resources to advance the CUSM research program.
- Serve as catalyst to foster institutional and interinstitutional collaboration.
- Advance innovative translational biomedical science concepts and their applicability to science, health care, and education.
- Establish the support systems and policies to protect human subjects and ensure humane use of animals in research.
- Support grants submissions and award administration.
Resources Available to CUSM Research Faculty:
- Research laboratory; including lab instruments, tissue culture facility, and other resources.
- Grant writing and management support
- Cost of publication
- Poster printing
- Funding for small and large equipment on a as-needed basis
- Admin support
Contact the Office of Research:
For more information regarding research compliance, please visit our SharePoint site located at the following URL: