Global Health Faculty Funding Opportunity
Global Health Funds for Faculty (GHFF)
To facilitate and grow faculty engagement in global activities, CUSM is establishing Global Health Funds for Faculty to support global health activities including global education, research and/or service that contribute to our academic programs. Faculty can apply for funding to support their own engagement or to support visiting faculty from partner institutions to come to CUSM to engage in partnership activities.
- Total funds available for the Global Health Funds for Faculty are determined during the budget cycle each year. Funds will be available on a rolling basis for faculty to apply
- Faculty will be eligible to be funded up to $2500 / academic year through reimbursement of expenses related to global health. These funds are intended to be supplementary to professional development funds. Employed faculty should first utilize PD funds for allowable expenses
- Reimbursable activities must support the implementation of global health activities such as teaching at a partner site or research-related expenses. These funds are not intended to support travel unrelated to global health activities. Reimbursable expenses may include
- Travel – airfare (economy class), hotel, visas, ground transportation
- Research related costs – not including human resources
- Education materials – e.g., books or learning materials
Faculty will apply using a form that will be made available on Canvas and the website. The form will require the following:
- Name, date, role at CUSM
- Partner institution and key contacts
- Description of global health project should include
- Overview of the prohect and a description of how the activity will contribute to CUSMs academic programs.
- Faculty role within the global health project
- Budget - line item of expenses
- Timeline of activities
- Porjects should be pre-approved by CUSMs Global Health Porgram Director
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the GHFF Review Committee.
- Decisions will be made based on alignment with objestives of the funding instrument, appropriateness of expenses submitted and available funds remaining. Faculty will be notified of the committees' decision within one month of submission.
- Administration of funds will be reimbursements for covered expenses