Appointments & Promotions
Faculty appointments are granted to individuals actively involved in the California University of Science and Medicine - School of Medicine (CUSM) educational program. The faculty appointment and promotion process is managed through the CUSM Office of Faculty Affairs. Candidates interested in a faculty appointment or promotion should contact the appropriate Department Chair to initiate the request. Applicants should prepare their CVs in the accepted format, download CV Template.
To apply for appointment to all ranks, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Application for initial Faculty Appointment.
- Illustrate involvement in the educational program
- Be affiliated with the California University of Science & Medicine
- Possess an appropriate terminal degree relevant to the discipline under consideration
Faculty interested in seeking a promotion in rank must meet with the appropriate Department Chair to discuss readiness.
- If the Chair determines the faculty member has met promotion criteria, a recommendation will be submitted to the Rank and Promotion Committee, along with faculty documentation of productivity (detailed CV with related evidence).
- Material required for consideration will be collected by the Department Chair's office and submitted following the timeline previously agreed with the Rank and Promotion Committee.
- The Rank and Promotion Committee will review the faculty member's performance and make a recommendation to the Department Chair and Dean.
For general support and questions, please email FacultyAffairsOffice@cusm.org.
Link to Appointments and Promotion Documents.